Graduate PHP Developer (Full Time)
We have newly available position for a graduate PHP Developer here at Keep-Alive I.T. Duties of the job will include developing and maintaining client websites written in the PHP programming language within a LAMP, or WAMP environment.
We expect candidates to have strong knowledge in the following areas:
- An understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of version control technologies (Git, SVN).
- Experience of using website control panels (Cpanel).
- Experience of working with software development frameworks and various software design patterns (CodeIgniter, Laravel), (OOP, MVC, etc).
- Web application or API development skills (REST, SOAP) using PHP within a Unix environment.
- Knowledge of popular Content Management Systems (CMS), such as WordPress or Joomla.
- An understanding of software security, availability, and user experience.
- Experience of various database and datastore technologies (MySQL, MongoDB, etc).
- An understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- The ability to work in a team with other developers, and mentor those who are less experienced with their work.
- The ideal candidate should have a passion for software development, and at least a Degree in a Computer Science (or related) subject. A foundation of Mathematics is preferred for logical thinking, but is an optional requirement for the job. Proficiency in the Welsh language would also be a bonus.
- Expect a managed working environment with flexible working hours, and the responsibility to self-manage yourself to stick to deadlines.
For more information on what Keep-Alive I.T does, please see our website homepage.
About Keep-Alive I.T:
We are a local, small company which specialises in Web Design and Web Development. Our office is based in an easy to access location just outside Cardiff’s Cathays train station. Onsite parking is available close to the City Centre and cycling routes are available via the Taff trail. Please see our about page on our website for more information.
Applicants should apply by emailing a short cover letter (no more than 500 words), along with a copy of their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified by email and phone if they are successful.